Wednesday 9 December 2015

Asking for Help Would Give You the Edge You Need



The job market has become insanely competitive in the recent years. When I first started working, I was reasonably certain that I would find a job with my qualifications and I did. After a few years, I had to move on but was still able to find a job easily enough. I stayed with my previous employer for nearly 15 years until the company was forced to shut shop and I had to move on.

It was then that I got my first taste of the struggle of job hunt. The number of jobseekers far outweighs the number of jobs available. When I looked at the reality of the situation, I wondered if I should simply retire or start a business. While my friends and family did suggest that I start a business, I was reluctant. In the end, I did decide to become a businessman. After everything was in place, I found myself in a very different position.

I was the employer now

I started a venture with my partner but both of us were aware that the company would go nowhere without the right employees. But neither of us had ever handled recruitment. We didn’t know how we could attract the right candidates. We decided to reach out to experts. After looking around and asking for recommendations, we decided to hire the services of Nationwide Placements.

That eased the burden of recruiting. They were every systematic about it. We asked a lot of questions and wanted a profile of the idea candidate for us. We provided all the information that we could. We knew that most people are very reluctant to become part of a start-up. There’s a lot of uncertainty involved and businesses can fail. However, we didn’t want to compromise on the quality of the clients and the professional recruiters assured us that we won’t have to.

After a while, we started to get applications and suggestions from the recruiters. Most of the candidates they found were actually very suitable and qualified. We were even more impressed during the interview process. By the end of the recruitment drive we had a solid team that was a mix of young, bright-eyed and enthusiastic graduates and experienced and practical veterans of the job market. The combination proved to be immensely beneficial.

Recruiters from companies like Nationwide Placements can help you like they helped me. If you want to know more about them, you can call 01 940 202207.

No comments:

Post a Comment