Wednesday 20 January 2016

Let Professionals Help You Devise the Right Recruiting Strategy



Recruitment isn’t an easy thing to handle. In fact, most people would rather delegate that responsibility to someone else. At first, I didn’t understand what the big deal was. I had just started my business a few years ago and handled recruitment easily. When I needed new employees, I would draft an ad, post in online, wait for the resumes and applications to come in, and start the interview and selection process. I didn’t really feel the need to hire companies like Roxburghe Investments to handle the job.

My first hurdle came when a senior member of my start-up team was forced to leave her job due to personal reasons and move. It was a high level post and crucial for the success of my company. I didn’t know how to handle recruiting someone for that position because I needed someone absolutely trustworthy and fully capable of handling the responsibility.

I was keenly aware that the stability of my company depended on the person who would replace my former teammate. If I didn’t choose well, I would risk my company. For the first time since I started my company, I wondered if I should hand over the responsibility of recruitment.

After discussing it with my team, I decided that I should approach Roxburghe and see if they could help me out. I needed someone with experience in recruiting candidates for high level posts.

My teammates and I discussed our requirements about the candidate. We made it clear that we wanted someone who would fit in with our company culture and would possess excellent leadership skills. After a first few meetings, things were set in motion. The ad was placed and the recruitment agency started sending us CVs from their own database. Even with their help, we took a long time to find the right candidate.

The recruiters were surprisingly patient with us. They didn’t rush the decision, didn’t force us to consider their recommendations, or try to push us in any particular direction. In fact, they just offered advise wherever needed and helped us through the recruitment process.

Eventually, we found our ideal candidate. He turned out to be a good fit and a creative force that our company needed.

HR and recruitment companies like Roxburghe Investments can help you come up with the right recruitment strategy and make sure that you get the right employees. All you need to do is contact them and ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment